About the Conference
The Budapest BI Forum is the leading vendor-independent business intelligence and analytics conference in Hungary.
What are the topics?
The topics covered by the conference include:
- Data visualization and exploration
- Self-service BI
- Analytics using spreadsheets
- Social media analytics
- Machine learning
- Open data
- Open ource BI tools
- Using R to process, analyze and visualize data
- Python tools for data manipulation, visualization and machine learning
A standard speaking slot will be 40 minutes long and a quick talk will be 15-minutes long. There are also a few free slots for half-day workshops. These workshops usually last 3 hours including breaks, and drill down on specific topics.
We are looking for both beginner-level or in-depth technical talks. Case studies and presentations showcasing analytics best practices are also welcome.
This year we run a poster session as well for the conference attendees. You can submit your poster through the CFP form.
The preferred language of the talks is English, but we will consider a limited number of Hungarian talks as well.
What are the perks for the speakers?
If you get selected as a speaker, here are the benefits:
- Free conference ticket. The selected speakers for full talks receive free registration to both days of the conference, and speakers giving a quick talk receive a single-day ticket. Speakers selected for workshops receive an all-inclusive pass. Attendees submitting posters to the poster session receive a registration discount.
- Meals included. All conference meals included in the registration (coffee breaks, lunch, welcome reception)
- Travel subsidy. We have a budget for helping great speakers to get to Budapest, if needed.
- Meet the community. As a speaker, you will have ample opportunities to meet other speakers, attendees and members of the local data community.
How was last year?
Here are some nice things our speakers said after the last BI Forum:
- "Well-organized conference, really enjoyed myself. Budapest is lovely and the atmosphere was great!
- "I thoroughly enjoyed the event"
- I have to congratulate you on organizing such an outstanding event. It was professionally held and very informative."
The schedules, slides, and photos from last year's event are available here.
If you have any question, Bence Arató, the program chair of the is happy to help. You can contact him at email@example.com
How to apply?
If you are interested to become a speaker, please fill in our online application form: